Open Positions: Software Engineer
The Interactive Visualization Group at the VRVis Research Center (VRVis Forschungs-GmbH) in Vienna, Austria, offers an open-ended full time-position for a software engineer (f/m). We mostly deal with interactive visualization of simulation data.
Modern Simulation techniques generate large amounts of complex data. Exploring, analyzing, and optimizing such data is a very challenging task. It can be successfully solved only by combining automatic and new interactive methods. The research in our group targets a synergy of interactive visualization, and computational analysis to simplify and to speed up the entire workflow of exploration and optimization of complex engineering systems. We publish our research results in renowned visualization journals and collaborate with universities and other research institutions around the world. In order to strengthen our team, which consists of nine creative members, we are looking for a software engineer for 2D and 3D visualization of simulation data. The main task is to design and implement 2D and 3D visualizations in the IMPRESS framework, which we developed in-house together with our company partners. It is a python framework, and visualization is done using VTK, ParaView and HOOPS.
• Open-ended contract, 40h per week, flexible work time
• Start: May 2017
• Location: Graz (preferably) or Vienna, Austria
• Minimum gross salary 2.700€ (14 times per year), negotiable depending on qualification
• Experience in Python
• Software engineering know-how (e.g. design patterns)
• A degree in computer science or a related field
• Teamwork and creativity
• Good oral and written English communication skills
Appreciated additional skills
• Background in information visualization or visual analysis or human-computer interaction
• Experience in C++ or similar object-oriented languages (e.g. C#, Java)
• OpenGL or HOOPS experience
• German communication skills
• Experience in GUI frameworks such as QT or GTK
Application deadline: April 16th, 2017
We especially encourage female candidates to apply! In case of equal qualification, priority is given to female applicants.
Dr. Krešimir Matković
VRVis Zentrum für Virtual Reality und Visualisierung Forschungs-GmbH (Research Center)
Interactive Visualization Group
Donau-City-Strasse 1, 1220 Vienna / Austria
Tel.: +43 1 20501 30603
To view the job description as PDF click here.