Researcher (f/m): Biomedical Image Informatics
VRVis is looking for your support! We are seeking a skilled and creative mind to join our successful team of researchers developing Deep Learning Solutions for Biomedical Image Analysis. The position is located within the Biomedical Image Informatics Group at VRVis in Vienna, Austria. We undertake our research in close collaboration with our company partners, i.e. combining scientific and industrial environments into a vibrating research ecosystem.
You will perform applied research on medical image and data analysis with the goal to accelerate and improve radiology workflows and diagnostics, while being embedded in a team of experienced deep learning specialists. You will engineer and align requirements on a technical and application level, develop innovative solutions and discuss and validate results in direct interaction with our industrial and medical partners. Your work is characterized by a high level of independent problem solving and creative thinking, coupled with a good team spirit and excellent communication skills. Depending on your qualification, project management tasks and/or supervision of students may be assigned to you. VRVis is a research institute supporting the publication of your excellent research results at scientific conferences and renowned journals. In case you do not yet own a PhD, there is the opportunity to pursue a PhD at one of our partner universities.
- PhD or master’s degree in computer science, statistics, math, or related technical fields, and relevant practical experience.
- Strong background in machine learning, statistics and computer vision/medical image processing.
- Strong programming skills in Python and JAVA; additional coding skills are favorable.
- Hands on experience with current state-of-the-art machine learning frameworks like TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- Some experience with data handling within the medical domain (DICOM, etc.)
- Willingness to contribute to the research community, e.g. publishing papers at MICCAI and NIPS
What we offer in return
- Open-ended contract; 40h per week; flexible working hours; well-equipped workplace
- Location: Vienna, Austria; easily accessible office by means of public transport
- Minimum gross salary 3.000 € (pre-doc-level, 14 times per year), overpay depending on qualification
- Supportive atmosphere in an inclusive team in the #1 city to live in worldwide (Mercer Quality of Living survey)
Application deadline: 28.02.2019
We especially encourage female candidates to apply, for we wish to actively counter the lack of female researchers in the visual computing field. Therefore, in cases of equal qualification, preference is given to female candidates. To download this application as PDF please click here. You are the missing piece to solve our research puzzle! Please forward your application documents to: