Dipl.-Ing.in Dr.in techn. Sophia Ulonska, BSc
Sophia Ulonska studied Mathematics and the University of Vienna as well as Biomedical Engineering at the Vienna University of Technology. Afterwards she did her doctorate in the field of bioprocess engineering in the group of Prof. Christoph Herwig at the TU Vienna on the development and application of mechanistic bioprocess models. Since 2019 she is working at VRVis in the Biomedical Image Informatics group. She works in the field of computational neuroscience and cooperates with the Haubensak Laboratory at the IMP. In 2019 she was nominated for the Hedy Lamarr Award of the City of Vienna.
- S. Ulonska, P. Kroll, P, J. Fricke, C. Clemens, R. Voges, M. M. Müller, C. Herwig: "Work ow for target-oriented parametrization of an enhanced mechanistic cell culture model". Biotechnology Journal (2017).
- S. Ulonska, J. Kager, C. Herwig. "Automatic controller failure detection with application in model based control of an E. coli fed-batch". Computer Aided Chemical Engineering" (2018).
- S. Ulonska, D. Waldschitz, J. Kager, C. Herwig. "Model predictive control in comparison to elemental balance control in an E. coli fed-batch". Chemical Engineering Science (2018).
- P. Kroll, A. Hofer, S. Ulonska , J. Kager, C. Herwig: "Model-based methods in the biopharmaceutical process lifecycle"; Pharmaceutical Research (2017).
- D. Solle, B. Hitzmann, C. Herwig, M. Pereira Remelhe, S. Ulonska , L. Wuerth, A. Prata, T. Steckenreiter: "Between the Poles of Data-Driven and Mechanistic Modeling for Process Operation". Chemie Ingenieur Technik , 89 (2017), 5; S. 542 - 561.
- D. Wurm, J. Hausjell, S. Ulonska , C. Herwig, O. Spadiut: "Mechanistic platform knowledge of concomitant sugar uptake in Escherichia coli BL21(DE3) strains". Scienti c Reports, 7 (2017), 45072; 11 S.
- D. Wurm, L. Veiter, S. Ulonska , B. Eggenreich, C. Herwig, O. Spadiut: "The E. coli pET expression system revisited - mechanistic correlation between glucose and lactose uptake". Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology , 100 (2016), S. 8721 - 8729.
- J. Kopp, C. Slouka, S. Ulonska , J. Kager, J. Fricke, O. Spadiut, C. Herwig: "Impact of Glycerol as Carbon Source onto Speci c Sugar and Inducer Uptake Rates and Inclusion Body Productivity in E. coli BL21 (DE3)". Bioengineering , 5(1) (2017), 1.