Digital Twin revolutionize industry and society
For about 20 years we at VRVis have been dealing with digital twins and models - because these are the future of digitisation projects of all kinds.
The digital twin is a digital representation of something: a copy of a real object or even a model of something that will be created in the future. The digital model is much more than a mere 3D image. Not only does the digital twin represent a part of reality by means of a model, but it also helps to continuously improve the reality just depicted. More and more often, physical things are therefore being accompanied by a digital twin. The digital twin is born in parallel with an idea and serves as a virtual template for its creation and production. The digital twin also continues to grow with the entire creation and production process and remains inseparably linked to the real object throughout its entire life cycle. Automation, Industry 4.0 as well as Big Data and the Internet of Things make it possible. In simulation, everything can be tried out before it is actually implemented.
Digital is faster and cheaper. But the advantages of virtual copies of physical things are not limited to mere cost reduction. This is because the digital twin allows a much better understanding of the data and thus allows, for example, a more accurate prediction in a production operation - time plays no role in the digital, the computer simulates thousands of working hours or changes the production conditions to play through different scenarios. The Virtual Twin also has other advantages:
- Model-based development
- Optimization of process, design and performance
- Accurate prediction of system behavior
- Reduction of risks and costs
- Acceleration of time-to-market
- better understanding and visualization of design, system, process and product characteristics
- Comprehensibility and interactivity
- suitable for information and advertising campaigns
The VRVis has many years of experience with digital twins and virtual models. Our aim is to turn pure data into understandable information and vivid images. Because: who sees, understands.
- our models of Austrian municipalities in use in flood protection and disaster management
- Virtual Reality application for the deployment planning of the Austrian Armed Forces
- Large infrastructure projects become easier to plan and understand with digital twins
- Revolutionizing the neurosciences: the cratography of the brain
- from an older project: a 3D model of the city of Vienna for interactive exploration and participation for the residents