VRVis represented with several contributions at the "Visual Computing for Biology and Medicine" conference
Photo above right: Florian Ganglbergers's short Paper receives an Honorable Mention. Photo below left: Katja Bühler discussing at the panel discussion. Photo below right: Shiva Alemzadeh presenting her short paper.
The 9th Eurographics Workshop Visual Computing for Biology and Medicine (VCBM) took place in Brno (Czech Republic) from 4 to 6 September 2019. During the 2.5-day workshop, the latest state of the art in Visual Computing research with a special focus on applications in biology and medicine was presented. Also this year VRVis was represented with several contributions and received an Honorable Mention for Florian Ganglberger's short paper.
The contributions of VRVis at VCBM 2019 and Honorable Mention
- the full paper of Kresimir Matkovic, Head of the Interactive Visualization Research Group, was presented by Renata Raidou "Establishing Precision Rehabilitation with Visual Analytics" (Georg Bernold, Kresimir Matkovic, Eduard Gröller, Renata Georgia Raidou)
- Katja Bühler, Head of the Biomedical Image Informatics research group, was panelist at the panel discussion on medical visualization: "Back to the Future of Medical Visualization"
- Shiva Alemzadeh presented her short paper: "A Visual Analytics Approach for Patient Stratification and Biomarker Discovery" (Shiva Alemzadeh, Florian Kromp, Bernhard Preim, Sabine Taschner-Mandl, Katja Bühler)
- Florian Ganglberger presented his short paper: "Feasibility Study For Automatic Bird Tracking and Visualization from Time-Dependent Marine Radar Imagery" (Florian Ganglberger, Katja Bühler)
- Daria Kruzhinskaia presented her poster: "Interactive 3D-Visualisation of Brain Spatial Networks" (Daria Kruzhinskaia, Florian Ganglberger, Joanna Kaczanowska, Wulf Haubensak, Katja Bühler)