9th Imaging in the Life Sciences Meeting
, from until
"Imaging meets Biomedical Image Informatics"
Hosted by VRVis -@- Techgate Vienna
The Imaging in the Life Sciences Meeting is a regular meeting of the biomedical imaging community in Austria. It sparked to the creation of the recently established Correlated Multi Modal Imaging Node Austria.
This time the meeting will be an interdisciplary forum bringing Life Scientists, Imaging Professionals and Computer Scientists specialized on the handling and analysis of biomedical images together.
Please register at: imaging-meeting-@-vrvis.at
Call for Posters and Software Demos
We invite poster submissions presenting tools and methods related to Biomedical Image Informatics ranging from classical image analysis to complex computer supported analytical pipelines of imaging data as well as biomedical visualization, image data management and data mining solutions. Software Demos are highly welcome, but equipment has to be brought by the presenter.
The work does not have to be original to be presented, but should be focussed on the needs of the life science and imaging community to foster future collaboration between the imaging community and computer scientists.
If you plan to present a poster or software during the meeting, please send the title and a brief description to buehler-@-vrvis.at
- 13:30 - 13:35 Welcome Katja Bühler
- 13:35 - 13:50 Correlated Multi Modal Imaging Node, Andreas Tiran/Wolfgang Weninger (VBCF)
- 13:50 - 14:05 Update on EuroBioImaging, Pamela Zolda (EIBIR/ EuroBioImaging)
- 14:05 - 14:20 Elixir, Thomas Rattei (CUBE, University of Vienna)
- 14:20 - 14:45 France BioImaging, NEUBIAS and ICY, Alexandre Dufour (Unité d’Analyse d'Images Biologiques Institut Pasteur – CNRS)
- 14:45 - 15:10 Interactive visualization and analysis of multi modal 3D image data using Amira®, Jan Giesebrecht (FEI Visualization Science Group)
15:10 Coffee Break + Poster Session
15:30 Biomedical Image Informatics - Life Sciences
- 15:30 - 16:00 A New Imaging Modality – The benefits and challenges of Mass Spectrometry Imaging, Martina Marchetti-Deschmann and Robert Sablatnig (TU Wien)
- 16:00 - 16:20 Predicting Brain Functional Networks from Genetic Information, Wulf Haubensak and Florian Ganglberger (IMP/VRVis)
- 16:20 - 16:40 Extraction and Analysis of Cell Motion from Fluorescence Microscopy Images, Clemens Kirisits(RICCAM / UniVie)
16:40 Coffee Break + Poster Session
17:00 Biomedical Image Informatics - Preclinical
- 17:00 - 17:20 Image Analysis and Machine Learning - Biomedical Applications, Prof. Stephan Winkler(FH Hagenberg)
- 17:20 - 17:40 Machine Learning for Large-scale Data Analysis in Medical Imaging, Dr. Georg Langs (CIR)
- 17:40 - 18:00 Geometric morphometrics: a method to reveal and display differences in morphology, Uwe Yacine Schwarze (Medical University Vienna)
18:00 Funding Opportunities
18:10 Get Together